About The Foundation
In 1999, Dr. John Stoeckinger established the Margaret T. Stoeckinger Foundation, Inc. to honor his mother. He was inspired by a religious sister who was the administrator of a hospital in Florida. When he asked her to recommend a worthy cause, she enthusiastically encouraged Faith Community Nursing.
The mission of the Foundation is to enhance health ministries in Catholic parishes and missions, non-Catholic congregations, synagogues or mosques and through appropriate agencies and organizations within the geographical boundaries of the Catholic Diocese of Lexington, KY with a commitment to the health of entire families. This will be accomplished through the “Faith Community Nursing” and “Caring for the Caregiver” Programs and other programs that may be approved by the Board of Directors.
Accomplishing the Mission
The activities of the foundation to accomplish its mission include:
• Stimulating interest in Faith Community Nursing.
• Providing informational and financial assistance in individual congregations for the purpose of establishing and aiding Faith Community Nursing.
• Providing information and educational opportunities for Faith Community Nursing.
• Providing scholarships to encourage nursing students to learn about and develop an interest in pursuing Faith Community Nursing.
• Linking caregivers with one another for support and sharing.
• Increasing the knowledge of resources available in the community including respite care.
• Providing information and educational opportunities for caregivers of the elderly, dependent children, terminally ill others in need.